Guided Salmon River Fly Fishing | Summer Trips
Guided Salmon River Fly Fishing | Summer Trips
For over 100 miles the Middle Fork of the Salmon River transforms from “creek fishing on steroids,” to deep pool-and-drop canyon sections. Hundreds of bedrock formations offer fun casting opportunities, including the remarkable Underwater Canyon, Gin Pool, and Aparajo Canyon.
Our Salmon River Fishing Guides will place you in front of unique granite walls, behind mid-river rocks and seam lines, and swarming back eddies. Between the changing Idaho Salmon River and the pristine tributaries that enlarge throughout your wilderness rafting adventure, you will fish the largest variety of stimulating fly water in one float than anywhere else in the West.
Salmon River Guided Fishing with Solitude River Trips means submersing into the Middle Fork’s vibrant river ecosystem; we commonly see romps of river otters, convocations of raptors, and solitary bull trout rollicking with the Cutthroat we pursue (Bull trout are hauntingly elusive predators, but like the native Chinook Salmon and Steelhead that still spawn on these headwaters, we never disturb this highly endangered species).
The Cutthroat was the first Salmonid chronicled by Lewis and Clark on their historic journey through this monumental region of the American Rockies; Salmon River fly fishing with Solitude entails reverting to a time when the Cutthroat was the dominant Trout species in the American West.
Our river trips are small and personable so they fill fast.
Duration and Pricing
6 Days, 5 Nights
$3,390 per person
July 17, 2018
July 25, 2017
August 2, 2018
August 10, 2018
August 18, 2018
Our trips are Full-Service and All-Inclusive!
All fees are included: 3% of adjusted revenue is for a commercial land use fee on National Forest Lands; and $4/person/day Recreation Enhancement Act Fee
The only things not included in the trip price are gratuities for our spectacular guide staff (typically 15% of the trip price), Trip Cancellation Insurance, and Airfare if water levels require a flight into our wilderness launch site.
Student Discount: $280.00 (Age 15 or younger).
Please note that all 2018 departure dates are subject to change.
- All fees are included: $4/day Recreation Enhancement Act Fee, and 3% of the company’s adjusted gross revenues are for a land use fee for operating commercially on National Forest Lands
- Round Trip transportation: Air and ground transportation provided from and to Stanley ID, except when low water requires a flight into the wilderness from Stanley
- Fresh and Gourmet Food: We fly fresh food into the wilderness so that we can have fresh produce, bread, and cookies until the last day of the trip
- Luxurious Camping Accommodations
- Professional Guiding and Full Service on and off the river
- All necessary gear, including: sleeping bag, deluxe wilderness mattress, life jacket, roomy four person tent for every two people, camp chairs, dining table, complimentary water resistant duffel for you personal gear (yours to keep), waterproof container for your day use items, eating utensils, drink cup, water bottle, plenty of ice, wine with dinner, and an ample supply of cold beverages.
- Premium Orvis fly fishing gear: rod, reel, and our go-to flies. If you have favorite rods and reels, please bring them along with hard cases. Read more.
All you will need are personal clothes and items, toiletries, personal liquor, and a fishing license, if applicable. (We will provide you with a pack list of the clothes you will need). Solitude provides all camping gear, sleeping bags, pillows, cots, wilderness mattresses, a mug, and a water bottle. Solitude will also provide you with a personal river Duffel for the trip, which is yours at the end of the trip!
We are happy to furnish you with rods, reels, line, flies, and all other fishing gear. This is complimentary, and our gear is new, top-of-the-line Orvis equipment.
Our fishing season is at the end of June until October. There are a few things to consider when planning a fishing trip on the Middle Fork. During our July – August trips, you will
Flying In: When water levels reach a certain point, we will start our trips at our wilderness launch point. This means flying into the wilderness from Stanley. (Airfare not included in trip price, approximately $120.00/person). Typically we need to fly in on our August 2nd trip and onward, although this is completely water level dependent and is hard to predict until spring time. Flights are incredibly memorable and scenic.
Our Boats: We use both MacKenzie style drift boats and Custom Fishing Rafts. We use fishing rafts all season, and the best time to float the Middle Fork in a drift boat is July and early August.
The best time to float depends on what you are looking for in a wilderness fly fishing experience. Please contact us with any questions about planning the best trip for your party.