Idaho Fly Fishing – Salmon River
Guided Fly Fishing on the Salmon River in Idaho – Summer Trips
Our Salmon River Fishing Guides will place you in front of unique granite walls, behind mid-river rocks and seam lines, and swarming back eddies. Between the changing Idaho Salmon River and the pristine tributaries that enlarge throughout your wilderness rafting adventure, you will fish the largest variety of stimulating fly water in one float than anywhere else in the West.
The Cutthroat was the first Salmonid chronicled by Lewis and Clark on their historic journey through this monumental region of the American Rockies; Salmon River fly fishing with Solitude entails reverting to a time when the Cutthroat was the dominant Trout species in the American West.
Our river trips are small and personable so they fill fast.
Duration and Pricing
6 Days, 5 Nights
$4,050 per person
All fees are included: 3% of adjusted revenue is for a commercial land use fee on National Forest Lands; and $4/person/day Recreation Enhancement Act Fee
The only things not included in the trip price are gratuities for our spectacular guide staff (typically 15% of the trip price), Trip Cancellation Insurance, and Airfare if water levels require a flight into our wilderness launch site.
Student Discount: $280.00 (Age 15 or younger).
We take bookings 2 years in advance, and often prime season trips fill 12 months in advance. It’s never too early to make a reservation.
- All fees are included: $4/day Recreation Enhancement Act Fee, and 3% of the company’s adjusted gross revenues are for a land use fee for operating commercially on National Forest Lands
- Round Trip transportation: Air and ground transportation provided from and to Stanley ID, except when low water requires a flight into the wilderness from Stanley
- Fresh and Gourmet Food: We fly fresh food into the wilderness so that we can have fresh produce, bread, and cookies until the last day of the trip
- Luxurious Camping Accommodations
- Professional Guiding and Full Service on and off the river
- All necessary gear, including: sleeping bag, deluxe wilderness mattress, life jacket, roomy four person tent for every two people, camp chairs, dining table, complimentary water resistant duffel for you personal gear (yours to keep), waterproof container for your day use items, eating utensils, drink cup, water bottle, plenty of ice, wine with dinner, and an ample supply of cold beverages.
- Premium Orvis fly fishing gear: rod, reel, and our go-to flies. If you have favorite rods and reels, please bring them along with hard cases. Read more.
We are happy to furnish you with rods, reels, line, flies, and all other fishing gear. This is complimentary, and our gear is new, top-of-the-line Orvis equipment.
Flying In: When water levels reach a certain point, we will start our trips at our wilderness launch point. This means flying into the wilderness from Stanley. (Airfare not included in trip price, approximately $120.00/person). Typically we need to fly in on our August 2nd trip and onward, although this is completely water level dependent and is hard to predict until spring time. Flights are incredibly memorable and scenic.
Our Boats: We use both MacKenzie style drift boats and Custom Fishing Rafts. We use fishing rafts all season, and the best time to float the Middle Fork in a drift boat is July and early August.
The best time to float depends on what you are looking for in a wilderness fly fishing experience. Please contact us with any questions about planning the best trip for your party.
What Our Guests Are Saying
Highly recommend this company Just finished a Middle Fork trip with Solitude. The guides were amazing, the food was spectacular and the Middle Fork is unforgettable. Absolutely impressed with every aspect of the trip and the guides' preparation, expertise, and professionalism. I highly recommend this company.Chip11/09/2020
Everyone Needs Solitude River Time The absolutely best combination of guides, scenery, whitewater, and of course flyfishing. From novice to advanced the middle fork offers great flyfishing, particularly with Solitude River Trips. I can't say enough positive superlatives about Willi and his Solitude crew. I will be returning again next year for the 4th time.Moman9/01/2020
Solitude made it a fantastic trip for our teens and adults! A Bucket List Trip that Exceeded Expectations for our Entire Family - We'll Be Back! We had an amazing 5 nights/6 days on the Middle Fork. The wilderness is pristine and the river is beautiful. We traveled with our two families and Solitude made it a fantastic trip for... read moreChris8/01/2020
Very safe outfit Solitude is awesome. The guides were great. Super friendly. The food was really good. They were accommodating about dietary needs. They were a very safe outfit which made my wife happy. My daughter and I had a blast river kayaking as well. ... read moreBrian7/01/2020
Perfect Pandemic Getaway! It is difficult to find sufficient superlatives to describe spending a week on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in the care of the Solitude Team. The river is wild and diverse offering something new every day. The guide team is experienced in safety on the river and comfort... read moreMedgal7/01/2020