Whitewater Rafting Trips
On the Middle Fork, late spring runoff makes June the highest and most adrenalized whitewater month as warm summer weather reaches the deep snowpack high in the mountains. As the summer progresses, the rapids calm and slow.
In the course of our 106 mile Middle Fork rafting trip, you will encounter more than 300 rapids. Some are gentle Class I riffles, accessible to beginning paddlers.
Others are the heart-pounding Class III and IV sections that have made the Middle Fork of the Salmon River one of the most prized whitewater rivers in the world: Velvet Falls, Pistol Creek, Hells Half Mile, Devil’s Tooth, Ski Jump, Tappan Falls, House of Rock. You will experience all of these exciting and historic rapids.
Duration And Pricing
Duration 6 days, 5 nights
Price $2,360 per person
Our trips are Full-Service and All-Inclusive.
All fees are included: 3% of adjusted revenue is for a commercial land use fee on National Forest Lands; and $4/person/day Recreation Enhancement Act Fee
The only things not included in the trip price are gratuities for our spectacular guide staff (typically 15% of trip price), Trip Cancellation Insurance, and Airfare if water levels require a flight into our wilderness launch site.
Student Discount: $280.00
- All fees are included: $4/day Recreation Enhancement Act Fee, and 3% of the company's adjusted gross revenues are for a land use fee for operating commercially on National Forest Lands
- Round Trip transportation: Air and ground transportation provided from and to Stanley ID, except when low water requires a flight into the wilderness from Stanley
- Fresh and Gourmet Food: We fly fresh food into the wilderness so that we can have fresh produce, bread, and cookies until the last day of the trip
- Luxurious Camping Accommodations
- Professional Guiding and Full Service on and off the river
- All necessary gear, including: sleeping bag, deluxe wilderness mattress, life jacket, roomy four person tent for every two people, camp chairs, dining table, complimentary water resistant duffee for you personal gear (yours to keep), waterproof container for your day use items, eating utensils, drink cup, water bottle, plenty of ice, wine with dinner, and an ample supply of cold beverages.
The “best” time to float depends on what you are looking for in a Wilderness adventure vacation. Are you looking for an active expedition full of whitewater thrills and adventure, or for a more laid-back and placid Wilderness experience? Please call to chat about the benefits of each part of the season.
2013 and earlier
August 2-7, 2014
September 22-27, 2014
June 23-28, 2015
July 1-6, 2015
July 9-14, 2015
July 17-22, 2015
July 25-30, 2015
August 2-7, 2015
August 10-15, 2015
August 18-23 2015
Our trips are small and personable so they fill fast.
"What a blessing to be on a world class rafting and fishing river that is almost exactly as it was when the white man first stumbled across it -- no roads, houses, billboards, trails of any kind -- only the gorgeous sounds and sights and smells of nature." - Paul O, Texas