Fly Fishing - Fall
September can be one of the most invigorating times to fish the Middle Fork of the Salmon River. As summer closes, the clear waters begin cooling down, the heat subsides, and the river is emptied of floating traffic. And as the temperature cools, the water gets lower and slower – ideal fishing conditions.
Our September fishing trips are smaller and more personable than our Summer trips. As the days start to get shorter and we have the whole Wilderness nearly to ourselves, these trips take on a nostolgic and sportsman/sportswoman's vibe.
As the water cools, the wild cutthroat follow their native instincts to start packing on weight for the difficult winter looming ahead. September is their last chance to gorge themselves on large terrestrials and tasty surface hatches before the winter doldrums of midge subsistence sets in.
This is a special time for both guides and guests on the Middle Fork; our guides are excited to row you through the best Cutthroat fly fishing waters in the West. You will find them to be both knowledgeable leaders and wonderful companions, whether they’re sharing an exotic presentation technique, helping to improve an angler’s casting skills, cooking up one of our favorite dishes, or telling lively stories around the campfire.
Duration And Pricing
Duration 6 days, 5 nights
Price $3,390 per person
Our trips are Full-Service and All-Inclusive!
All fees are included: 3% of adjusted revenue is for a commercial land use fee on National Forest Lands; and $4/person/day Recreation Enhancement Act Fee
The only things not included in the trip price are gratuities for our spectacular guide staff (typically 15% of trip price), Trip Cancellation Insurance, and Airfare if water levels require a flight into our wilderness launch site.
- All fees are included: $4/day Recreation Enhancement Act Fee, and 3% of the company's adjusted gross revenues are for a land use fee for operating commercially on National Forest Lands
- Round Trip transportation: Air and ground transportation provided from and to Stanley ID, except when low water requires a flight into the wilderness from Stanley
- Fresh and Gourmet Food: We fly fresh food into the wilderness so that we can have fresh produce, bread, and cookies until the last day of the trip
- Luxurious Camping Accommodations
- Professional Guiding and Full Service on and off the river
- All necessary gear, including: sleeping bag, deluxe wilderness mattress, life jacket, roomy four person tent for every two people, camp chairs, dining table, complimentary water resistant duffel for you personal gear (yours to keep), waterproof container for your day use items, eating utensils, drink cup, water bottle, plenty of ice, wine with dinner, and an ample supply of cold beverages.
- Premium Orvis fly fishing gear: rod, reel, and our go-to flies. If you have favorite rods and reels, please bring them along with hard cases. Read more.
We are happy to furnish you with rods, reels, line, flies, and all other fishing gear. This is complimentary, and our gear is new, top-of-the-line Orvis equipment.
Our trips are small and personable so they fill fast.
"This was my forth time on Solitude and by far they are the best on the Middle Fork river. I will book again next year and I encourage anyone who likes fly fishing and scenery to book a trip themselves." - Jack M, Alabama